Saturday, November 8, 2008

9 Pointer & Coffee











Paul Jr. & I were drawn for a quota hunt on Rum Creek wma. I put in for it because it is so close to our house. It started Wednesday morning. I was going to Meet Dan Murphy that morning for coffee around 9:30 so I decided to go watch the sun rise from my deer stand & then meet up with Dan. About 8 am I had had enough. I climbed down from my stand packed it up & walked to my truck. I put my stand in the back of the truck & was just about to unload my rifle when I remembered a little trail just up the path. I figured I still had some time to kill & I'd do some scouting.
I took three steps up the hill & glanced up. There standing broadside at about 60 yards was this buck. He had to have watched me load my stand.
I thought he'd move when I raised my rife but he didn't.
One shot, He never took a step.
The coffee at the McCarroll's was great & I still made it by nine am...I just had to wash my hands first.
This is my second buck of the season & I've taken two does as well. What a great years so far!

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Congratulations on your many deer! I have my corned venison marinating. Can't wait to taste it. I did find the pickling spice btw at Kroger.

Chuck said...

Nice - You are now going to be known as the Provider! That is a beautiful deer - you've got me thinking about moving to GA so I can get some hunting in! I lost a doe last monday and have been so bummed about it I hug up the bow for the season - Now I'm just counting down the days till gun season which just so happens to be my vacation too!