Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Sentiments Ephesians 5:21-24






  • It was HOT today & the A/C is not keeping up...or maybe it was that hot preaching (I was soaked after the sermon)


  • If we ever really came to understand this teaching in its proper context, the women would REJOICE & the men would be terrified!!!


  • Context is…KING – Context: Direct context of this letter is Christ & His Church.


  • Great Worship Songs today!


  • The key to harmony in the home is two Spirit filled believers


  • God's Glory is always our gain - Satan tells us this is not true


  • Q&A was such a blessing to hear our women share their experiences in submitting to God by coming under the headship of their husbands


  • Great to have Aunt Faith & Uncle Duane & Booke Bauer in Church today!


  • Zack's offertory was a huge blessing


  • Miss Winnie is more proud of Zack than Beth & I are! Amazing!


  • Welcome James Allen Duncan to the CWW Family! Good looking baby


  • Praying for Levi Dittmann to grace the world with his presence this week


  • So proud of the CWW Men & their willingness to jump in & help eachother.


  • Jim William's 'retirement picture' slays me. That man is my hero!


  • Dave & Andy are the best church cleaners ever! I can always 'smell' when they've been there - the smell of CLEAN


  • Submission Does Not Mean:
    1. A husband is in ultimate authority.
    2. A wife does not have independent thoughts.
    3. A wife does not seek to influence her husband.
    4. A wife must obey her husband’s command to sin.
    5. A wife is less intelligent or competent than her husband.
    Submission Does Mean:
    1. A husband and wife are equal with complementary roles.
    2. Wives are to submit like Jesus did in Gethsemane (
    Luke 22:42).
    3. Husbands are to lovingly lead like Jesus does the Church (
    Eph. 5:25).
    4. A single woman should only marry a man she can follow.
    5. Christian marriage shows the Trinity and the gospel.


  • So thankful for my precious wife.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If we ever really came to understand this teaching in its proper context, the women would REJOICE & the men would be terrified!!!"

Amen, Amen!!

Bob said...

Pastor Dziadul,

I've really just started to learn the meaning of what you wrote about marriage. Since the beginning of June, I've really tried to put these types of things into practice. My wife and I are so much happier.

I agree with the anonymous poster, that it is a terrifying thing when you think about what the Ephesians 5 passage means for husbands. It is scary knowing that I'm to model the love that Christ has for the church.

I guess this really started to "click" with me when I saw so many of our friends and others I know going through rough times in their marriages. We want to have a family that honors Christ.

Bob T