Thursday, July 9, 2009

'New' Car for Beth


First I want to thank God for his incredible provision for our needs as a family. I thank God for my sister-in-law Rebecca for sending me a book by a guy named Dave Ramsey. The pain of bringing my finances under control has yeilded the fruit of being debt free with the exception of the house (see my post in 8 years). I also learned to save for future needs & to pay CASH.
Well, we paid our van off a year ago & I just kept paying myself the same payment. Fast forward to today.
I was wanting a late model 3 seat wagon that had low miles (under 75 k) that would get 20 or abobe mpg around town. Enter "Auto Trader.Com". I found a 96 Oldsmobile Ciera SL, 3 seater, one owner, clean car fax, 58,000 original miles & has been garaged the whole time. It runs like a charm & doesn't shake at 85. The interior is amazing. I don't think the second & third rows have ever been sat in.
The best part is that CASH in hand got me a GREAT deal & NO PAYMENTS (except the ones I continue to make to myself)
Thank you God my Father for your amazing provision.
Enjoy it Beth...I love you...

3 comments:

Angie said...

You're a thoughtful, intelligent husband and father. You are rewarded for being a "careful caretaker" for the family God has blessed you with. WELL DONE! It's a beautiful car. :) Congratulations to you and to Beth. HAPPY AND SAFE DRIVING!

Chuck said...

Paul,
What an awesome testimony of being a good steward of your money! Thank you for sharing your blessings with us - God is Good!

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Praise the Lord for His blessings! We are thankful for a Pastor who practices & shares what he preaches. Thank you for the wonderful example of obedience.