Monday, June 15, 2009

NAILED!

This is what happens when its late, you are over tired, & you're in a rush. It was nearly 11pm & I just wanted to finish this built in shelf.I had to hold the wood in place being very careful not to have my hand anywhere near the path of the nail

Of course, I didn't take into consideration a knot in the wood. The nail hit the knot, took a sharp right turn & went through my trigger finger. PRAISE GOD it didn't hit the bone! It felt like an electric shock. I tried not to react as my dear wife & daughter were in the room. Beth heard the brief reaction & I was caught. Anna freaked out & I just threaded my finger off of the nail.

No big deal but it does make for a good story. Anna will probably rehearse this ordeal at my funeral one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now maybe you can understand how your Father got cut with his chain saw. Love you Mom

Chuck said...

Isn't it funny how as a man we can deal with nails peircing our bodies, chain saws and table saw accidents like they are no big deal but getting the flu is like the end of the world and our wives have to baby us till we are well again! LOL
The bathroom came out great by the way - oh and I love the fishing creel as a magazine rack.