Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Sneek Peek at Emma Grace


Well, here she is in all her ultrasound glory! I usually can't see a thing in these pics but that first one is a head on shot & even I could see that little face.
My cousin Angela says that little face looks like Samuel. The pattern is Paul Jr., Anna, & Sam - now Emma. They all have very similar traits from their hair (eventually lighter in color), build (slight, or trim - not a tank like Zack), & personality.
We had agreed on Emma Grace before Ben was born. Had he been a girl, that would be his name. Emma is a family name on both sides. Beth's Great Grandma & Aunt & my Great, great, great Grandma - Emma Kate Smith - who lived in England. Thanks to my cousin for cluing me in on that.
Well, she will make her grand appearance somewhere close to Elizabeth's birthday on July the 5th. She'll have a birthday buddy like I do with Sam who was born the day after my birthday.
We don't have ANY girl stuff as it has been 11 years since we had a baby girl. Actually we do have a cammo & lace outfit from Elizabeth's Aunt Donna. She will wear that a lot.
Beth ran into a neighborhood friend at the store & caught her up with our news. She told Beth that they had a baby girl a couple of years ago & had lots of clothes to share. What a blessing.
My Mother in Law told Beth to remind me that I'm the Father & not the Grandfather. Not sure what to make of that...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do too know what to make of that:) Are you sure she is going to be alright with not having the name Elizabeth somewhere in her name like her sisters? I remember how you were when Anna came on the scene, and then Ellie, and now Emma. WOW Love, Mom
Get a webcam!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what to make of that...really. Why not enlighten us to the veiled meanings of such a wise Grandma?
I think....you're concerned that I will be too soft on dear little Emma G.
This is all written with a smile by the way.
Thanks for the input
Where do I get a web cam?

Elizabeth said...

You plagerized me!!!! Your post is almost word for word the same as mine.

Elizabeth said...

Also, I think it's a little early to be saying who she looks like. I have a feeling she'll be her own person. I'm kind of hoping for a blue eyed, black haired baby.

Anonymous said...

She is lovely to look at and I can not wait to hold and kiss her. She will be so welcomed into our family. When I realized how much Elizabeth wanted more children (before Ben) at retreat in Al, and feared she might be getting too old I have prayed for her and I dared ask for a girl to be my joy and comfort as I age and her she comes my Emma Grace. We are SO blessed. Love Mom