Friday, April 23, 2010

2nd Ammendment training


During our Spring Co-op at CWW, we had an elective class in the afternoon for the young men. Whilst the ladies made cookies & crafts, we men learned all about fire arms & safety. It all culminated with a trip to camp for an afternoon of shooting & demonstration. The guys loved it!The Arsenal
Most of the firearms belonged to my buddy Ken Goings.
He is an avid hunter, Vietnam vet, & Grandpa to Drew.
No one knows firearms like Ken.Drew moves up to the big boy firearms!Sam being Sam
Andrew "Crack Shot" McCorroll
This 8 year old 'man' was nailing the quarter sized spinner target at 30 yards!
My 30 yard shot with a 45 caliber black powder rifle. That 250 grain bullet was travelling so fast that the cup never moved!

Garrett shoots the 44/40
Me & the collector's gun
Jr. & the brass beast

Zack nailed the water bottle in one shot. I couldn't hit it with 5 shots



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the tetesterone was flowing with all the guys and guns. Good job with the young men Paul. Love you much your MOM

Anonymous said...

Wow, do my kids live different lives...amazing.
Love ya all, Mom from Kansas :)

Chuck said...

What a great way to spend an afternoon although I have to be a party pooper and say I am sad to see nobody wearing eye or ear protection!
I think all kids should have the chance to learn proper handling of firearms and spend time with their fathers/mentors. Oh by the way I love lever action centerfire rifles!