Friday, April 9, 2010

Singing Men

This is for my friend Charlie. I haven't posted in forever as most of my daily posts have been on facebook. Thanks for the friendly reminder of my lack of updating.
The above pic is of Zack & Paul at our family new years celebration. The karaoke became a big competition & it actually coaxed them into performing. We had a video of it but it mysteriously was deleted. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who did that.
If you want to hear Zack sing then go to www.CWWMacon.com & listen to him sing the second section of Psalm 119 entitled "Beth" (the 2nd letter in the Hebrew Alphabet. Zack wrote the music & played the guitar on that recording. It is right on the front page.
He also wrote the music for the section "He". That debuted this past Sunday & it was FANTASTIC! That will be on the web site soon.
Paul Jr. has decided to answer the call to ministry. At least he's heading in that direction. He hopes to attend a Bible College this fall. Finances are a hurdle so please pray for him as he is still attending Macon State & working two jobs.
If you get a chance to check out my last two sermons entitled "A Holy Dress Rehearsal" & "Jesus our First Fruits". Here's my question, "Are gentile believers required to celebrate the feasts?" Before you say no, answer this question by scripture, "Did the gentile believers in the 1st century celebrate the feasts?" - There are numerous references in acts & one stark reference in 1 Cor. 5:8.
We did observe Passover & celebrated Jesus as the fulfillment of First Fruits through his resurrection.
It's a great discussion & study.
Thanks again Chuck! I can't wait to see you in person & have some great fellowship in Christ.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Wow, I get my own tag now! Thanks for posting again - I just cant bring myself to join the facebook community again and depend on blogger for all my updates - I have been able to keep up with your family via your wife's posts. I think it is great that your family has a love for Christ. From what we can see via the pictures and stories it seems like a true love of Christ and not just because their father is a pastor. I think Easter is one of the most emotional holidays for me - it is a time of joy as we have been set free and given the ability to have a relationship with our Lord and Saviour, it is also a time of weeping when the reality of what Jesus endured for us is realized! All I can say is Praise Him!