Friday, September 12, 2008

A Beautiful Site...

I agree with John Piper who said in a message, "Every day that you don't wake up in hell is a great day" I know what I deserve & what I don't. I am also learning WHY God delights in giving...because the giver gets the glory. I know you're probably wondering what the above pic has to do with my theological rambling...well I'll tell you:
My dear wife INSISTED on the family taking this pic on our last evening on our way cool vacation. No one wanted to do it but she pulled the mommy card & we all came under conviction & cooperated. This very pic is the ONLY one of all of us together in our travels & it also happens to be my favorite. Here's the connection: I don't deserve my wife & I know it. On her worst day (& she's had them) she is still light years ahead of me. She's taken a pretty tough stance around our house lately & we've all been kind of watching to see is its for real. Well, it is. I am amazed at her utter wisdom & tenacity. She has inspired me to be a better husband and father without one word of nagging. She's done it by her example and she probably doesn't even know it. I thank God for the privilege to have Elizabeth for my completer. As you should know by now, I don't believe in luck or happenstance. God gave her to me plain & simple. Like most of His gifts, I didn't realize what I had at first & I'm ashamed to say how long it has taken me to realize what jewel of a woman she is. Nope, I don't deserve her...that's called grace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with me in beautiful words how grateful you are to God for the gift he has given to you in your amazing wife. He truly is wonderful to us. And right you are my friend ~ every day we don't wake up in Hell is a good day. :) Helps put life's little roadblocks into prospective. Thank you again for sharing I was touched by your love story.

Elizabeth said...

You give me tooooo much credit. It is I that is privileged to do life together with you! I don't know why or even how God put the outgoing "flirt" of the college together with the quiet, reserved girl and fit us so perfectly! Only in His wisdom I guess. I am thankful for every day God gives us together with our family. It doesn't get any better than this.

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Wow! How true this is! Your words to Elizabeth were precious. With so many marriages struggling today, it is encouraging to see mature marriages not only thriving but excelling!!! Keep keeping on! We love you both.

Love,
Winston & Dar