Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Taste of Heaven


Tonight my Bride & I took my two brothers, David & Andy, Christmas shopping. It has become an annual tradition. One of Andy's favorite songs is Hallelujah Square because it reminds him that he will run one day. Andy was born with cerebral Palsy. He turned 50 this year & he is slowing down a bit. Andy still 'walks' with crutches but shopping has become a great adventure with the advent of the motorized shopping cart. Beth & I drew straws & she got David while I got Andy. Andy & I met with early success & he got all his gifts quickly. He sent me to the pharmacy to pick up one last thing. I was gone a whole 30 seconds. When I came back...no Andy. I don't usually panic because he normally can't get very far. The scooter adds a whole new twist. Long story short, I circled WalMart three times & then I started to panic. I sent David one way & I went the other. We met back at the jewelry counter & here comes Andy strolling down the middle aisle. I was relieved, amused, & warmed at the thought of Andy's mobility.
That's when it hit me...this is a taste of heaven. I don't expect to even see Andy for the first thousand years or so in heaven. He's going to be running everywhere enjoying perfect legs & magnificent mobility. I reckon he'll only stop to bow before the King of kings & LORD of lords & then in a beautiful act of worship he will rise on restored legs and dance before his maker. It makes me love Jesus all the more.
Yes, I lost my crippled brother in WalMart...and I loved it!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow, thank you for sharing that.