Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Kick in the Head


My living room looks like the North Pole threw up! Elizabeth somehow enjoys this part or is at least nostalgic about it. I haven't worked up to that yet. I'm just basically frustrated with it all. I did get a great lamp for behind my chair so now I can read much better. I really do love it.
Back to my rant though. Three days before Christmas I heard a relentless dripping in the "messy side" of the basement. I discovered that the ice maker had been leaking for some time & we had several inches of standing water in the basement. I turned off the water supply to the ice maker & that did "fix" it for now. I have to check the seal and try again. The boys really cleaned the basement & that was a plus. Then on Christmas Eve the Washing Machine died. It wouldn't spin. The church had one donated & it sat there for months. My Dad & brother picked it up but after installing it we discovered that it too didn't work! Now I have 2 machines that don't work and the dirty clothes are piling up along with the post Christmas mess!
Then Sam topped it all off by falling "Just Right" at Nana's house during Chrstmas lunch. I heard his head hit the corner of the wall. A sickening thud then no cry because he couldn't breathe. He does that when he's really hurt. Beth was up in a flash & scooped him up. after a bit Sam caught his breath & let out a loud scream. I rushed into the other room to see him & Elizabeth quite bloody. I know head wounds bleed profusely but when I finally found the cut I could tell right off that it was deep & wide.
Long story short - Off to the Doc, which was open - wow, three staples in his head & back to Nana's to open presents.
Then to top it all off, Paul Jr beat me in 'overtime' at trivial pursuit to win the Academy gift certificate - for the second year in a row! How do our kids get smarter than us & who cares what "C" stands for on the periodic table of elements!
All in all - This month & year has been a real kick in the head.

No comments: