Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Raja


I met my brother today. His name is Raja. He was born in A.P. India. He's been here 12 years & God is calling him back home to start a church & witness to his family. He came to our Pastor's coffee group this morning. I immediately had a kinship with this man - it was the Holy Spirit at work. Raja is a man of an excellent spirit. He loves Jesus unashamedly. I asked him to come to dinner at the Church tonight & to give his testimony after we ate. He loved my Mom's coleslaw made the Yankee way with mayo not vinegar & pureed not chopped.
After dinner, he gave his testimony. Our church just recognized the sweet savor of Christ in this man. I was standing in the back of the sanctuary & my daughter Anna quietly said, "Please tell me we're taking up a love offering for this man. I want to give an offering towards his ministry." I was toying with that very idea when she asked me that...can you say 'Confirmation'?
Brother Hayward then tapped me & said, "We need to pray over this brother". Boy did we. We all crowded around him and had a sweet time of prayer. Then we took up a love offering that Raja refused to use for his personal needs but rather for ministry. With just a small Wednesday nite crowd, we took up $345! Even Jim Williams was impressed and that's hard to do.
Yep, I met my brother at Starbucks today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD for the good offering the press would have us believe that even the churches are hurting due to the economy but the last two love offerings we have had the honor of giving to proves that is not so amongst godly people. Loved Rajas spirit and testimony. PS he told me I am a good cook. gotta love that. Mom