Monday, May 18, 2009

Dog Poor

I don't know for sure but I may have lost my mind. We now have 6 children & 3 dogs! Bella the Bagel (part beagle & part basset hound) was a Christmas present for the kids (a weak moment of temporary insanity) She was so cute as a tiny puppy. Now she is three fourths grown an is your basic freak of nature.

Schnitzel showed up at our house...well, in our road - literally. He was laying in the middle of the road...napping. He's a full blooded daschund & we've been trying to find his owners. He's house trained & more obedient than any of my children. He is smitten with Anna & she with he. What's a Dad to do?
Neither of these 'dogs' are large enough or fierce enough to deter an ill intended thief or neerdowell from my property. Hence...Sheba. She's not very terrifying right now but give her six months. I love her brindle striping & her broad head. She's going to be a great guard dog one day.
Zack observed that we have an international flavor in our dogs: Bella is Italian, Schnitzel is German, & Sheba is African.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

What a great looking puppy! Hey it could be worse you could start collecting chickens like me! Well on the bright side at least my pets make me breakfast! LOL. Glad to see a new post - it's been too long.

This is a must-see! said...

Looks like Sheba is the Queen of Sheba, being inside!
Her brother, Hunter is outside in the pen. Ssshhh don't tell him about Sis and her living arrangement. Let's just keep that between us!