Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Joy Dare day 8

A Gift Held:
My younger children's hands at the end of every worship service during the singing of the Doxology.  I don't remember how it started but I know that Sam was the genesis for this tradition.  Somehow he began toddling down the aisle to me when the doxology was played at the benediction of our services at Lake Wildwood Baptist Church.  This tradition passed to Ben & now Emma.  Emma still insists on being carried.  It's so apprpriate...Praise God from whom all blessings flow - and my hands are literally full of those blessings.

A Gift Passed By:
Farm Land.  My Dad rode with me yesterday on my Help Link route.  We were out in the country & in some rural areas of Georgia that he had never seen before.  We both LOVED the farm land & rolling hills.  I realized yesterday where I got my love of land from and I was blessed to spend the whole day enjoying it with my Dad.

A Gift Sat With:
I sat with one of my best friends last night as a doctor explained to him that his wife was with Jesus.  Grief is a gift from God & we shared it together starkly last night.  Real men do cry - loud, long and like a man.  The gift is being allowed & invited to walk the valley of the shadow of death together.

No comments: