Thursday, January 9, 2014

Joy Dare Day 7

Three Graces from people you Love:
Elizabeth:  The Grace of Belief in me.  Sometimes I think that she must be crazy to trust me so implicitly.  It's not like she's ignorant of my numerous weaknesses.  She has the Spiritual Gift of Faith.  It's become clear that it's not me she trusts...it's God.  I can't adequately express the transforming effect that her gift of trust has had on me over the past 25 years


Jim Williams:  The Grace of...well, Grace.  This man has embodied grace to me as his Pastor.  I've experienced his 'wounds of a friend' and also his wise & unflinching support.  I cannot imagine being in Ministry without him.

My Parents: The Grace of Investment.   I don't know how you call your son Pastor.  Dad has other names for me but behind them I see his pride in my calling.  Mom and I are so much alike that we tend to butt heads every now and then but her support of my calling has never been in question.  They have invested so much in me that numbers fall short to quantify their giving.  It goes so far past money and time and even support.  They have raised the bar high for me in my calling as a Father.

No comments: