Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dream Come True...

Today marks a most memorable event for me...I'm about to burst with pride. Last week I asked Zack to work on putting Psalm 119:9-16 to music. We're memorizing Psalm 119 as a Church this year. All 176 verses. We're trying to put it to music, word for word from the New King James version of scripture. I was just hoping that he could maybe get the tune going for me then I could finish it. I've never written a song with a piano & that opened the door for a whole new way of writing. Life got real busy & I forgot about it but Zack didn't. I was very surprised when he told me today that he had it a little more than half way done.
What he had done was excellent & very different than anything I would have come up with. We worked, fought, & argued our way through the next three verses. We figured out how to work together. Zack tightened up my loose musical ways & I was able to loosen him up & get him to think outside the box. The vast majority was Zack's arrangement & I have to say that it is AWESOME!!!
I'm trying to figure out how to get it on my blog but I haven't got there yet. I'll figure it out soon

1 comment:

Angie said...

He did fantastic!! You should be proud. Your son has a beautiful musical gift, and I feel so blessed that he shares it with us.