Sunday, November 29, 2009

SUNDAY SENTIMENTS


Put a Helmet On! - Ephesians 6:17a

The helmet that IS Salvation

The Helmet was to protect the Soldier from the Broad Sword

Satan's broad sword has two sides: Discouragement & Doubt

Understanding the 3 tenses of Salvation is the key to putting on the helmet of your Salvation

There was a great spirit among God's people today

The new song "Even So, Come" was well received & well sung

Past tense: Justification: I'm saved from the penalty of Sin

Present tense: Sanctification: I'm being saved from the power of Sin

Future tense: Glorification: I will be saved from the presence of Sin

The Hope of our Salvation points to our future final salvation

I am sealed by the Spirit, the Son has me in His hand & He is in the Father's hand...who is greater than all - John 10

God is good & his plans for me are to give me a hope & a future (that will bring Him ultimate glory)

Good visuals today - I always like a good object lesson

The food at the fellowship meal was sooooooo good. Loved Norma's black eye peas

Great meeting with the men after Q&A

Next Week: Worship in our new Digs!!!! See you there!

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

Thank you Paul for a very timely message for us! Isn't God so good to meet our needs with His perfect timing! Amazing!

Dar

Anonymous said...

hmn, seem to have heard this message somewhere, it was great.
Love ya, Mom A