Tuesday, August 25, 2009

O Ye of Little Faith

I was aware ahead of time that we'd have at least 5 of our regular families out of town this past Sunday. I like to know ahead of time so I can be depressed in advance.
I even joked with the loyal Church early birds that they could have their choice of seats today as we'd be lucky to half fill the place.
I was in my office right up until start time. When I made it to the back of the church, I was shocked that the place was full...really full! I figured that the balcony was empty (ever the pessimist). In CWW fashion, four or five families arrived during the singing & headed to the balcony.
When I got up to preach, the place was packed to the gills! Beth later told me that we had right at 100 there (the place only holds 90 comfortably). Go figure, a preacher of little faith. I could hear Jesus saying, "Wherein did ye doubt, O ye of little faith?"
I respond, "I believe Lord, help thou mine unbelief"

No comments: