Friday, January 23, 2009

Pro-Life Rally & March

It was a little chilly at the beginning of the rally. Sam & Ben were ready for it in their warm 'Elmer Fudd' hats. My children & I have attended this every year for 5 or 6 years now. This year Elizabeth joined us for the first time. She's either been pregnant or recovering from complications of pregnancy each year. I guess that's better than a sign! Every year for the past 3 years, I've had a baby or toddler as my 'sign'. This year I carried Ben as he drank his bottle and napped. I couldn't feel my arms when we finally made it to Central City Park

These signs are a stark reminder of why we gather, pray, protest, & march. Sam asked why we were doing this & I told him that we were marching for all the babies who never got a chance to have a 'Birthday'.
Rabbi Greg Hershberg gave a stirring speech & we hit the road. The crowd was larger than I remember in many years.


May God have mercy on us for our continual crime of infanticide in this nation. Rabbi Greg told the crowd that he had a message for our nation from the millions of murdered babies, "Tell them to STOP!"
May God protect the wombs of our nation.



2 comments:

Chuck said...

Paul,

Thank you for taking part in this Walk. Most people don't know this but when I was 16 the girl I was dating aborted my child (I found out after the crime) it was something that always bothered me even before I was living my life for God but it really hit me hard when I became a father. I had a lot of hatred in my heart for my ex which God cleansed me of at a Promise Keepers rally and I look forward to the day that I stand beside my Saviour and meet my other child for the first time!

Unknown said...

Chuck,
Thanks so much for sharing that. That will be a great day when you meet that child. God has used PK in my life as well. Thanks again.