Friday, September 14, 2007

I Wonder


You know, there really is nothing new under the sun. Doubt has been renamed "Wonder" and as such is a virtue to be sought after. Does God agree? I wonder it. (some of you will never get that one) I am so lazy that I get frustrated with God that he hasn't made every issue plain black and white. And don't you dare judge me in that because you are probably worse than I am. I know that God is responding by telling me that I'm still not applying what IS black and white, right & wrong so why should he think I'd apply new revelation with any more mediocrity than I have already?
I suppose that is why we have the Holy Spirit - to lead us into all truth. (my apolgoies to the emergent crowd for using the "T" word) In the end, God has indeed said a lot of things. Taken in context, historical, grammatical, & scriptural, one can through the ministry of the Holy Spirit , come to some hard and fast conclusions. Then we're left with the real problem - now we are responsible to apply it. Ignorance is bliss and there are a lot of happy people out there. You know some times I "Wonder". How about you?

No comments: