Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ben's Turn

I guess Ben decided it was his turn for a late night run to the doctor. He really should have been in bed but we were all enjoying his antics so we let him stay up. About 9:15 pm, I heard a scream in the big boy's room. Then I heard Zack say, "Ben's cut pretty bad". He comes out carrying Ben & blood is dripping all over the floor.
I'm hoping for a superficial cut but to no avail. The a/c vent cover in the big guy's room cracked when they rolled an office chair over it so they took it off. Well Ben fell in it with one leg & apparently it had some sharp edges. His heel has a long curved cut that bled the most but wasn't very deep. The small inch long cut on the back of his calf was the one that would need stitches.
After waiting nearly 2 hours, the Doc came in & said the calf cut would need stitches. I asked if he could use the dermabond glue instead & after looking at it again, he agreed.
They had to put him in a papoose to keep him still. He did NOT like that. I've never heard him scream that loud or long. His little face was cherry red & he was soaked in sweat. Then came the tetanus shot.
Suffice it to say, he got out of there a lot better off than his brother's trip. The Doc felt bad & gave him a 'sucker' which he enjoyed all the way home.
Then end (I hope)

1 comment:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

As my sister says "the fun just never ends when your a parent!" Thankful it was not any worse. Praying it heals quickly.

Dar