Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Amazing Grace


Have you ever thought what this world would be like without God's grace? One day, (my Mom says soon if Obama gets elected:-))the world will experience just that when the Father gives Jesus the green light to go get His bride. When we (the Bride of Christ) are removed from this world, the restraining grace of the Holy Spirit goes with us. This doctrine of the Rapture of the Church has come, at least in my limited circles, under attack as of late. I won't attempt to address that here but suffice it to say, I'm not ready to jettison this paradigm just yet.
No grace. What a bleak & depressing thought. We are so ignorant as to HOW MUCH of God's grace it takes to get us through one day! Grace is applied to every sin of commission & omission that I commit daily! That's a lot of grace folks! Think of it this way, God's grace is applied to me every day to make up the difference between what I am & what I ought to be. Read that again and let it sink in. God covers us in grace until he sees the perfect image of Christ when He sees us.
Maybe THAT'S why they call 'Grace' AMAZING. Think about it...

4 comments:

Joshua said...

Hi Pastor,

Just to be fair, I do not know anyone who is attacking the doctrine of the rapture, or the catching up of the saints in the air.

The debate is around the timing of such an event...as well as the timing of most of the eschatalogical events in scripture.

Blessings,

Unknown said...

Perhaps 'debating' would have been a better term. In any case, that was not the focus of my post.
Thankfully there are some dear doctrines that we all do agree on & that is a great starting place from which to discuss our differences.
In any event, you & I both agree, need, & rely daily upon God's amazing grace.

Chuck said...

I think we are all going to experience spriritual warfare first hand the way society is rapidly declining. Not that we should need a reason but if there is ever a time to draw yourself close to the Father - that time is now. Paul I have been spending a lot of time in prayer about what God's expectations are for me when it comes to politics/goverment. I have really struggled with not making my focus on a "worldly kingdom" as I feel my focus should be on God's Kingdom. Your thoughts?

Unknown said...

Chuck,
Our allegiance is to Christ's Kingdom first & foremost. I don't think that has to preclude active involvement in the political aspects of our culture. We have the unique opportunity to have a voice in the selection of our leaders. I don't believe a primary commitment to Christ's Kingdom has to preclude involvement in the political process. The problem comes when we look to Washington instead of Calvary for our hope.