Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm Back!


Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!
HE IS RISEN!
JESUS CHRIST is back, back from the grave, victorious over death, retaining the keys to death & the grave!
We had a truly blessed day today. I had prepared a sermon entitled "The Empty Promises of Easter". It was a good exposition of scripture with some engaging illustrations. Then around 9pm Saturday, I got that uneasy feeling in my spirit. I know that feeling now - it means that God is "Calling an Audible". I've had a thought of a sermon bumping around my heart this week. I call it "Easter People". It is an exposition of John chapter 20. It focuses on 4 kinds of people: 1: The Down Trodden- exemplified by the grieving women in their pre-dawn tomb trek, 2: The Hope Laden - John is filled with hope & runs to the tomb and He is the first to believe, 3: The BackSlidden - Peter. We all know what he did yet He is requested BY NAME in Mark 16, 4: The Slow Hearted - Thomas was a skeptic who became a fully convinced Christ follower.
I stayed up until 1:30 AM putting the finishing touches on my Sermon. My older sons & I then were up at 4:30 am to prepare for the "Son Rise Service" at the Lake Wildwood Clubhouse.
There were great lessons in that. How do you serve when you are exhausted? You have to lean on Christ & walk in obedience. My voice is hoarse as well as the tree pollen is covering our world with a thin layer of yellow/green pollen. This happens every year.
Yet at the end of the day, none of that matters as God is our focus and Jesus is alive! What better way to invest our life than in HIS Resurrection life!
HE IS RISEN!
HE IS RISEN INDEED!

1 comment:

Judy Dziadul said...

Paul, HE is Risen Indeed. That was the best Easter Service since I sprayed my hair with panel wax. Love Mom