Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?







Seems like yesterday that I got a call from Elizabeth to tell be that the baby she was carrying was a girl. "You got your girl!" were the words I distinctly remember hearing. What a day that was. Anna was born on Mother's Day after a long night of unproductive labor. She was stubborn even before she was born!

Anna turned 15 a few days ago. She wanted to take her driving permit test. Anna has only driven once...in my old beater truck on my hunting land a couple of years ago. Well, I had to go to the DMV to renew my drivers licence last month. I asked for the book so she could begin to study it. The lady behind the counter informed me that they were out. I took that as a sign from God & told Anna as much. A few days later she had the book from a young man in our church who took his earlier in the year.

Well, she passed it...amazing! I let her drive my current - not a beater - truck home from the church. She did well in light of her nearly complete lack of experience.

I'm still trying to figure out where the time went. She & I were headed to the church yesterday & I came out to see her in the driver's seat with the engine running. She gave me a 'deal with it Dad' look & I prayerfully climbed into the passenger seat.

The way the 'Speed of Life' is going for me, Emma will be driving soon!

No comments: