Friday, March 6, 2009

Camp Meeting

What a week! I had the great joy of attending a "Gospel Preacher's Camp Meeting" this week at Victory Baptist Church. Bro. Chet Cooper gathered some great preachers & singers. I was so moved by the singing & it ministered to me in a way that kind of took me by surprise to be honest. The preaching was so clear & to the point. There was a variety of styles & subjects but all were God honoring & stirring to my soul. One message was on the Blood & it was such a powerful reminder of God's provision. Another series of messages was on the Holy Spirit. Again, a bulls-eye for me.
God used this week to put me under His microscope & did I ever need it. My heart has been softened through God's Word & God honoring music & a small Baptist Church that reached out to this pastor for no other reason than that they love Jesus.
I made some new friends & I was actually sad...very sad to have to say good bye to brother Billy Sampson, Rick Gilley, & Ken Trivette tonight. I do hope to see these brothers again before heaven.
I wasn't sure about going this week to the meetings but I am so glad I did. Zack went with me each day & we both were blessed. I was blessed to see him blessed.
I guess I didn't realize how empty I was & how much I needed to sit under the live preaching of the God's Word.
Thank you Lord Jesus for Chet Cooper & Victory Baptist Church and something called a Gospel Preacher's Camp Meeting.

2 comments:

jwcreath@gmail.com said...

So glad you were blessed & refreshed. That's how we feel each week after hearing you preach!
Kinda of like when Mom gets revitalized about being a wife, mother & teacher.
Thankful God is revitalizing our preacher!

Anonymous said...

Paul Dear, I am so glad you and Zack got to share the wonderful blessing of that week of meetings. I just pray the awful week you just had trying to get that bathroom redone didn't rob you of all the refreshing and uplifting. So sorry Dad was ill and could not help more. Love you so much Mom